Garmin Varia UT800 / RTL515 Smart Lightset
Varia UT800 Smart Front Light
Whether you’re riding on the streets or the trail, you won’t have to quit when the sun does. When your speed varies, Varia UT800 adjusts too. When paired with compatible Edge cycling computers, the UT800 adjusts brightness to give the lumens you need for up to 4 hours, so you can ride with confidence.
- High-intensity cycling headlight for urban and trail use that’s visible in daylight from more than 1.6 km away
- Projects a steady blast of 800 lumens for up to 1.5 hours
- Automatically adjusts to ambient light conditions, speed and ride profile¹ to extend battery life
- Works independently or pairs with compatible Edge® cycling computers to automatically turn lights on or off, control brightness and more
- Offers 5 light modes, including high, medium, low, night flash and day flash
See the Light
The smart capabilities of the Varia UT800 allow you to pair it to compatible Edge computers with light sensors. Once paired, Varia UT800 automatically adjusts its beam intensity based on speed and ride profile so you get more light when you’re riding faster, while conserving battery power at slower speeds. It also automatically adjusts to ambient light conditions and battery capacity to extend your ride, and it only takes a simple touch of your Edge computer or a dedicated remote to turn your lights on or off, control brightness and more.
Varia makes it easy to tailor your light output to the conditions. Varia UT800 features 5 light modes, including high (800 lumens), medium (400 lumens), low (200 lumens), night flash (100 to 300 lumens) and day flash (more than 700 lumens). At full power, it’s visible in daylight from more than 1.6 km away.
Ready to Ride
The Varia UT800 smart headlight features a low-profile, lightweight design that attaches to your handlebar with out-front mount or to your helmet with a helmet or friction mount², and it weighs less than 140 grams.
Whats In The Box:
- Varia UT800 smart headlight
- Charging cable
- Universal out front mount
- Quarter turn to friction mount
Varia RTL510 Smart Rear Light
Ride smarter and more aware with Varia RTL510 rearview radar. Mounted neatly on the seatpost, it provides visible and audible alerts for vehicles approaching from behind up to 140 meters away. Plus, the bright tail light is visible in daylight from up to a mile away, so you can ride with confidence and security.
- Provides visual and audible alerts to warn of vehicles approaching from behind up to 140 meters away
- Tail light offers daylight visibility up to 1.6km away and is visible within a 220-degree range, so drivers can see you well before the radar sees the vehicle
- Sleek vertical design easily mounts to most road-use bicycles, including racing, touring and commuter styles
- Requires a dedicated radar display unit or wirelessly integrates with compatible Garmin devices
- Battery life: up to 15 hours in flashing mode or 6 hours in solid or night flash mode
This Sensor Has Your Back
When out on a ride, you have to keep track of everything. What’s your route, how far are you going, how fast and how hard are you going to push it. But the most important thing to keep track of is your safety. And while having eyes in the back of your helmet might be a bit unrealistic, think of Varia as just that. This radar is like an early warning system that helps create safer cycling environments.
Safety in Numbers
Varia RTL510 rearview radar is just one part of cycling awareness. When paired with compatible Garmin devices, the system helps to create safer riding conditions by alerting riders to vehicles approaching from behind. Green light? All good. Amber light? A vehicle is approaching. Red light? Take caution — a vehicle is approaching at high speeds. Ride safe.
Whats In The Box:
- Varia RTL510
- Mounting Kit